Re: problems installing debian on Performa 6400

I have been using BootX 1.1.3 - this may be (part of ) the difficulty.
I tried downloading all versions of BootX, including 1.2.2, burned onto a CD, fed into my Mac and dragged each onto the StuffIt Expander Icon.
The only one that expands is 1.1.3

Further information:
> the installation instructions that refer to linux.bin and ramdisk.image.gz are located at

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-powerpc/current/doc/manual/en/ch04s05.html#files-oldworld

These instructions may very well be out-of-date, but they are what is on the website under /current/

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Any additional suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Tara