BootX, beige G3 and kernel 2.6

Hi,

After having tried without success to boot with Quik, I test with BootX (ver. 1.2.2). Linux boot already with BootX and the kernel (2.2.20-pmac) of the Woody installer (linux.bin and ramdisk.image.gz).

I compiled a kernel 2.6.14 with the command make-kpkg and I have to copy the files vmlinux-2.6.14 and initrd.img-2.6.14 in the folder "Linux Kernels" in the system folder, I selected these files in BootX and boot to Linux. The screen became black and Linux did not boot. :o(

What is necessary for compiled a kernel 2.6 for BootX ?

Regards.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |