Re: failed to install a debian netinst (etch) on an old G4 (400mhz)

Charles Plessy wrote:
 > In my case, I had a similar problem and I actually reformatted the
partition 2 in hfs+ format using the osX installation disk. Actually, as
the partition tables did not look exactly the same, I re-partitionned the
whole drive, to be on the safe side (this means re-installing osX, but
it was freshly reinstalled anyway).

ok ... the problem is I have not a cd install of osx ... but I can try to find it just for doing it.

Another possibility could be to directly dd yaboot on the partition[1],
but I never tried such thing by myself.
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=339592

but I will try first this second solution I think ...

Good luck !

thanks