Re: Re: Re: Powermac G5 yaboot install failed

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, john fisher wrote:

boot:
device=ht@0,f2000000/pci@5/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@)/disk@0:4,/boot/vmlinux

# and a lot of variations on the linux image name
# (which do exist on /boot )
These returned invalid device, even though thats the default device that
YDL put in the yaboot conf

John, forgive me if this is a stupid question -

the kernel you want to use is /boot/vmlinux mounted on /dev/sda4 ? (you say ydl pointed to this, which makes me wonder if you are using a different partition for debian).

 If you do mean /dev/sda4, what does 'ofpath /dev/sda4' tell you ?

Ken