Power Mac G3 beige : Problem with boot

Hi,

I would like to install a Debian on a G3 beige, I already installed a Debian on a G4 and a PC but there I am blocked.

The cpuinfo of the beast !!!  :o)

processor       : 0
cpu             : 750
temperature     : 0 C
clock           : 300MHz
revision        : 2.2
bogomips        : 600.15
zero pages      : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/316 (0%)
machine         : Power Macintosh
motherboard     : AAPL,Gossamer MacRISC
L2 cache        : 1024K unified pipelined-syncro-burst
memory          : 256MB
pmac-generation : OldWorld

I did not succeed in booting it on a diskette or a cdrom of Debian installation (The firmware is patched with SystemDisk).

I had to install Mac OS 9 on a small partition and from there install Debian Woody with BootX on other partition (sda2). I could update the system to Sarge but the kernel is a 2.2.20-pmac of the Woody installer.

My problem is to boot directly under Linux, I configured quik, modified Open Firmware with :
- boot-device scsi/sd@0:2
- boot-file /boot/vmlinux root=/dev/sda2
- load-base 4000
And load-base 60000, 100000 and then 1000000

At the boot the system stops with this message :

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00700 at %SRR0: FF862AB4  %SRR1: 00081070

Can you help me to make start this Mac under Linux ?

Regards.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |