Re: Power Mac G3 beige : Problem with boot

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 04:53:39PM +0100, Frédéric Massot wrote:

[...]

> I did not succeed in booting it on a diskette or a cdrom of Debian
> installation (The firmware is patched with SystemDisk).

What floppy images did you try?

> I had to install Mac OS 9 on a small partition and from there install
> Debian Woody with BootX on other partition (sda2). I could update the
> system to Sarge but the kernel is a 2.2.20-pmac of the Woody installer.
>
> My problem is to boot directly under Linux, I configured quik, modified
> Open Firmware with :
> - boot-device scsi/sd@0:2
> - boot-file /boot/vmlinux root=/dev/sda2
> - load-base 4000
> And load-base 60000, 100000 and then 1000000
>
> At the boot the system stops with this message :
>
> DEFAULT CATCH!, code=FFF00700 at %SRR0: FF862AB4  %SRR1: 00081070

Is this an error from OF, or from the linux kernel? (Looks like an OF
error)

Is load-base 4000 the default setting? Otherwise, reset to the default
setting and try again (my Performa 5400 boots nicely with quik and I
only need to set the boot-device parameter).

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. Why is top posting bad?