Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

[...]
> Can you resend the patch or direct me to the message in the archive? I
> was planning to include it for some time but lost track of it.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/08/msg00478.html

It needs a few changes for kernel versions > 2.6.12, but just check the diff...

> Either way, all this points at is the CPU running full tilt for some time,
> _with interrupts and scheduling still working fine_. You could try the
> limit_adjust parameter to make the fan start sooner to see if it really is
> a temperature problem.

Actually I _did_ lower the limit_adjust and _then_ found machine shutting down
because the fan needed to spin so fast to get it down to that temperature...

HTH,
Michael