Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

> > Can you resend the patch or direct me to the message in the archive? I
> > was planning to include it for some time but lost track of it.
> >
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/08/msg00478.html
>
> It needs a few changes for kernel versions > 2.6.12, but just check the diff...

Applied with no rejects to 2.6.15-rc1, and runs OK. I noticed it doesn't
crank up the fan as aggressive as the original driver, resulting in about
2 degrees hotter CPU when I let it run full blast (I set limit_adjust to
-5, that seemed to help a bit with lockups initially. Come to think of it,
that's not really happened all that often, and it's over a year since).

I'll see if reintroducing fan_speed gets me back to the old values.
Other than that, I'd say I'll send it off to BenH.

> Actually I _did_ lower the limit_adjust and _then_ found machine shutting down
> because the fan needed to spin so fast to get it down to that temperature...

Uh, that sounds scary. Although your code does ramp up the fan speed a lot
slower than the original code. You might try to crank it up to full speed
once the the limit is exceeded by 10 degrees or so, with no delay.

Speaking of tweaking these parameters: Is there a panel applet to display
temperatures from sysfs anywhere?

	Michael