Re: sudden power loss (WAS: sudden power loss on tibook)

> > pbbuttons is continuously sending commands to the PMU, thus it really
> > points to a possible issue with the PMU driver, though I'm surprised as
> > I never had any problem of that sort on any of my laptops.
>

> If you know another way to generate lots of PMU activity I'd be happy to try
> it. Maybe a shell script sending random harmless things to pbbcmd ?

You might try to send the same requests to /dev/pmu that pbbuttonsd uses
(polling for power and lid status, perhaps).
Or send stuff to /dev/adb (commands to reconfigure trackpad or keyboard)
as fast as you can. Both should be possible from user space (perl is what
I'd use).

For added fun, do this with pbbuttonsd running.

I don't know of any way to 'inject' key events into the ADB driver as if
they're coming from the ADB devices short of hacking the driver so it lets
you drop in fake ADB packets as if they'd just been received. This won't
let you test the kernel-PMU communication, just whatever the kernel does
with the packets afterwards. Ben will have a few other ideas how to probe
the PMU driver, perhaps.

	Michael