Re: Installing Debian on a RS/6000 Question

Hi there,

AFAIK the Kernel version 2.6 doesn't support this box. There are
numerous patches that might work with versions up to 2.6.7, but I was
unlike booting with such a kernel.
My F40 runs on a - still patched - 2.4.22 kernel. You'll definetely
need to netboot the machine, I'm pretty certain that it won't boot a
linux kernel from any other media.

You might want to check out the documentation and mailing list archive
found on http://www.solinno.co.uk/
The site is not only about the 7043-140, you'll find all the patches necessary.
I compiled a kernel especially for the F40, you might want to check it out

http://cptsalek.de/debian-sarge-installation-on-a-7025-f40/

for more details.

Regards,
Christian