Re: netboot (not netinstall) kernel with standart console initrd

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 10:15:45PM +0700, nokideen wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 02:45 pm, you wrote:
> > Yep, you probably can write a nfs-udeb or something, including the stuff
> > you need for nfs/smb (no idea what those are), and load it into the image
> > once the network is up, or even preseed it.
> >

> I found netboot specialized kernel from ppckernel.org
> but there is no initrd.gz,
> the author said just kernel without initrd

Pleqase try out yaird, and/or ask Jonas about this. He is also involved in
lessdisk maintainership, and knows how to do NFS boots. Furthermore, the
/etc/yaird files i pointed out to you have some info about NFS roots, did you
look at them ?

What good is it for me to give you hints, if you plainly ignore them ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther