Re: Powerbook6,8 issues

> I found this:
>
> http://web.inter.nl.net/users/be-hold/BeOS/NVdriver/
> http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/graphics/nvidia/
> http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/accelerants/nvidia/
>
> They seem to have support for 'coldstarting' the card, isn't it what is
> needed to wakeup the chip? (i really know next to nothing about this
> stuff :-( (they also seem to have some 3d accel but that's another
> story).

Yah, they use tables/scripts in the x86 ROM. As I wrote in the previous
email, it seems we have at least part of these, though we may need
additional bits & pieces to figure out how to re-init the flat panel
interface.

Another possibility would be to manage to run the Open Firmware driver
inside an emulated environment, or the OS X driver in MOL and trace what
it does.

Ben.