Re: apt (intentionally?) brain dead?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2005, 15:09 +0200 schrieb Wolfgang Pfeiffer:
> > Try without --simulate,
>
> Sure. And risk that apt will remove essential packages? ... :) Apt
> being removing stuff is a well-known behavior currently in unstable
> Debian, so clearly, Michel, with all due respect: No way. :)

a simple "apt-get install foo" will report you, which packages will be
remove, new installed and upgraded and ask for permission. Only when foo
ist the only package which will be installed, it starts immediately.

If you use unstable it's normal that sometimes the dependencies don't
match correctly and apt is unsure what to do.

If you didn't like it, use stable ;-)

Regards,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people@world:/# apt-get --purge remove dominion
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'