Re: Call for testers, daily build debian-installer isos ...

Am Freitag, 30. September 2005 11.36 schrieb Sven Luther:
> Hi all,
>
> In order to fix the isos for IBM boxes, some adjustements where made to the
> yaboot.conf, and in particular i dropped the device=cd: line, since the cd
> alias doesn't seem to be used everywhere, and it would have failed if not
> using the primary cd drive.
Sorry for answering so late, but I did not have any time to test it before.
I just finished my test on my PowerMac blue/white.

My testmachine as per /proc/cpuinfo was a PowerMac1,1; 66 (Blue&White G3).

I burned the CD from Oktober third.
Booting was not problem. I even did a full install, as I wanted to upgrade my
son's machine to the actual GNU/Debian testing.

As my wife's Pismo PowerBook has a broken CD-ROM drive I used the netboot
vmlinux and initrd.gz from
http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/netboot/
(as per October 4), modified my yaboot.conf a little bit and voila I got to
the first language selection prompt.
/proc/cpuinfo gives PowerBook3,1.

Thanks a lot for your work!

Best regards