Re: serial console

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 10:50:05PM +1000, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> a quick google
>
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=PQ2FADS_ZU

Oh, this is one of the MPC8620 (powerquicc II) development board, should have
guessed from the name.

KohHow Teh, please note that you probably need to boot from uboot, and boot
your own kernel to make this work, this is what you did, right ? Did you
compile in the serial console and such ?

but ttyS0 is definitively the way to go. On my powerquicc I based board (using
the TQ components MPC862 based sub-board), i have :

ttyS0 on SMC1 at 0x0280, BRG1
ttyS1 on SMC2 at 0x0380, BRG2

(this is using a 2.4.x kernel though).

Friendly,