Re: serial console

a quick google

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=PQ2FADS_ZU

gets my nomination for 'obscure hardware to run linux on' award.

this link may also be pertinant

http://www.lynuxworks.com/support/bluecat/docs/0584-00-bcl41_pq2fads_bsg.pdf

Dean

Sven Luther wrote:
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:56:54PM +0800, KokHow Teh wrote:

Hi;
     I have debian linux running on my PQ2FADS-ZU with devfs and serial

That is a funny one, what is a PQ2FADS-ZU ? I never heard of anyone running
debian on such a thing.

driver compiled in. I have read Documentation/serial-console.txt and I have
tried both passing "console=" option as well as without passing that to the
kernel and both don't give me the expected results.
     When I pass "console=tts/0,115200n8" to the kernel, I don't get any
console output until the login prompt which I set to 115200 in

We usually have a ttyS0 here, not sure. What kernel are you using ?
Friendly,

Sven Luther

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au