fdisk vs gparted? (Modified by Kim Cascone)

below is a fdisk report from my son's G3 iMac DV which describes his 4.7G Linux part as a 'NewWorld bootblock'...yet 'gparted' describes the same part correctly as a 'ext3' fs -- which is what I formatted it as in the Ubuntu install...

***does anyone else get similar discrepancies between fdisk and gparted?

==================
cage@cage:~$ sudo fdisk -l
/dev/hda
        #                    type name                  length   base
( size )  system
/dev/hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                     63 @ 1
( 31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/hda2         Apple_Bootstrap Ubuntu               9765625 @
106911808 (  4.7G)  NewWorld bootblock
/dev/hda3               Apple_HFS Apple_HFS_Untitled_2 106649600 @
262208    ( 50.9G)  HFS
/dev/hda4         Apple_Bootstrap untitled              553975 @
116677433 (270.5M)  NewWorld bootblock
/dev/hda5              Apple_Free Extra                 262144 @ 64
(128.0M)  Free space

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=117231408
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0