Re: g5 install

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 12:57:14PM -0700, Enrique Morfin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to install osX and debian on a g5 (just one
> disk).
>
> The partition table can be similar to a tibook?:
>
> hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple
> hda2         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap
> hda3         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap
> hda4         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root
> hda5               Apple_HFS MacOS-X
> hda6              Apple_Free
>
> Any hints, howto?

Sure, use debian-installer and tell him to install in the free space or
something such.

> An iso image to do that?

Either use debian/sarge installer, or wait a couple o days for the new
debian/etch installer beta, or at least until 2.6.12-10 makes it into the
archive and testing, and we build d-i images with it. I think this would be
the case on friday or at the latest this WE.

Friendly,

Sven Luther