Re: mounting a HFS drive on a Linux machine clobbers it?

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:13:06AM -0700, Kim Cascone wrote:
> no one seemed to have an answer for this one so I am posting it again:
> When I booted into Linux with my 300G HFS+ formatted backup drive
> hanging off the iMac the drive came up and I could see all the .dmg
> backups on it...
> but when I rebooted into OS X the HFS drive came up as
> unrecognized...WTF?!
> my question is:
> - how do I fix this?
> - is there a Unix util that can fix this? I have Fink and Darwinports
> so I can DL it from them...

So what is it? HFS or HFS+? Big difference for Linux cause different drivers
are used (hfs and I think hfsplus).
Not sure if OS X still recognizes a HFS drive. Maybe the partition table on
the drive is no longer recognized. Wat do fdisk (in Linux and OS X) make
of it?
How did you partition and format the drive initially?

--
Martin