Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.
- From: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:54:00 +0200
- Message-id: <20050921175400.GA26576@localhost.localdomain>
- In-reply-to: <20050819080044.GA5149@ime.usp.br>
- References: <20050818113050.GA13439@localhost.localdomain> <20050819080044.GA5149@ime.usp.br>
On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 05:00:44AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 18 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I was forced to disable the floppy builds for now, since they failed to
> > build, and the 2.6.12 kernels are 200K too big anyway for miboot
> > floppies, we need to find out how to make them smaller, and solve the
> > non-freeness of miboot for the etch release.
> Humm, this is indeed a problem. :-( The non-freeness of miboot is a
> secondary problem in face of not having a way to install the operating
> system on the box. :-(
i managed to do a powerpc-miboot flavour build, which does fit on a miboot
floppy. I would like (urgently) for folk to test it out, it is just a kernel,
i need to see if it boots, not much more for now, before i go ahead and upload
2.6.12-7 which would include it, and subsequently build debian-installer
images with it.
The floppy is at :