Re: Debian sarge 3.1 r0a - problems with a sound (m-audio delta 44)

F. Heitkamp wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, aleuni wrote:

Hi,All!

/I apologize for my English :)/

PowerMac G5.Has established Debian sarge 3.1 r0a - something is created awful with a sound (a card m-audio delta 44 - the module snd-ice1712). Its system has distinguished correctly (kdemixer sees, alsamixer sees), but: if to start to reproduce a sound, for example, in xmms, - any terrible gnash, instead of music (though indicators, smoothly rocking, speak, that the beautiful, quiet melody plays) is audible. As though it to overcome?

I have an audiophile 2496 (in a Dual G4 Digital Audio Mac) which uses the same driver. I can sometimes get the sound to work. Usually when I do a fresh kernel compile and install the alsa driver CVS sources. When I reboot, into OS X for example, and then back to Debian a few times the awful gnashing sound (as you aptly put it) comes back. I have been unable to track the problem to a specific configuration file entry. Next time I get it to work I will try the alsactl store (or save?) and see if that helps. I've posted about this problem (several times) to the ALSA and Debian lists before and no one has offered any insight or solution to the problem. I must say though it sounds really good when it works.

Fred

Has tried a heap of configurations (two times the sound appeared) - any laws and decisions has not found. Has ended with that I have compiled the driver of a sound card in a kernel (initially they in fact the module go) and all has earned! The panacea found by me consists in compilation of the driver in a kernel - 100 % work.

To: Jodok Ole Müllers

wrote:> try oss output in xmms not alsa.

What difference? In kernels of a branch 2.6. Emulation oss through alsa is used. The problem was observed on everything, that uses a sound card. (it agree - not too beautiful) I have described the decision of a problem above.

--
bw,
aleuni