Re: help with airport card on g3 powerbook

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:47:02 +0000
Chris Martin <chriscodes@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If we talk about the airport card from year 2000 mounted in an
> > Powerbook G3, I'm pretty sure about this. Maybe Apple changed this with
> > later Powerbooks.
> >

> Looks like we're both right. I asked one of our techs here (who used
> to work at Apple), he said originally they didn't. But they released
> an update to support it.
>
> I knew I wasn't crazy. I'm using 128 on both Linux, and OS X (dual boot).

I found out that my airport card also support two key lengths: 40Bit,
104Bit (told by iwlist eth0 key). It seems that only my base station is
limited to 40 Bit (Licent Silver).

The only question left is: Is 104Bit key = WEP128?

 Best Regards
   Matthias