Re: help with airport card on g3 powerbook

On 9/5/05, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 the mental interface of
gm c told:

> -

> > iwconfig
> I am not using extreme card, but orig. I am loading airport module.
> modprobe airport --which also loads orinoco and yenta-socket also
> pcmcia and pcmcia_card and hermes.
> With the neccessary modules loaded I should see an ap number when I
> iwconfig eth1..

What tells
$ iwconfig
I am not shure, but doesn't be the wireless-device wlanX and not
ethX?

On my system (Pismo g3 iBook 600) my airport card is eth0, eth1 is my ethernet port.
I never used iwconfig, simply set the options I posted previously, directly in /etc/network/interfaces, then ran
ifdown eth0
ifup eth0

Isn't wireless-ap for an access point? If you're only using a base station, and not using an access point, I don't think you need that in there.
I'm not sure, I'm just using a D-Link wireless router here, and have never used Apple's base station.

--
Chris Martin
Web Developer