Re: Installing (trying to) Sarge on my Power Macintosh 6500.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:51:34AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On 08/30/05 15:46, Miguel Da Silva wrote:
> >Looking at some FTPs I see five files concerning Sarge; they are boot.img,
> >cd-drivers.img, net-drivers.img, ofonlyboot.img and root.img. No luck with
> >any of them, everytime the same thing happens: I try to boot, the computer
> >ejects the floppy and appears that computer with a red X on the screen.
>
> This is the reason why I didn't use the floppies that come with sarge to
> install Debian testing/etch on my PowerMac 9500. I just used the known
> to work boot-floppies that came with woody and later upgraded to testing.

Just use one of the older daily-builds, like :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/older/sarge/images/2005-06-15/powerpc/floppy-2.4/

These include the miboot floppies, while the official images don't, for
licencing reasons.

Friendly,

Sven Luther