Re: Interrupts lost on IDE disks in RAID1 array

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:45:01 +0200
Simon Vallet <debian-ppc_user@castalie.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:35:01 -0400
> Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:
> > If I recall correctly, the on-board IDE chipset on the beige G3
>> can't handle more than one hard disk.  Lost interrupts were one of
>> the symptoms.
> So this would be the problem... the "developer notes" on the G3
> do mention that ide1 is for a cdrom, but I would have expected
> otherwise. Anyway, this seems plausible: the disk works fine out of
> the mirror -- I guess the G3 doesn't handle very well simultaneous
> writes...

Actually, by digging a bit more through available docs, I came across
this message on the linux-kernel ML:

Ben, do you think this could be related ? Any additional info on the
subject ? I'd be glad to help testing new patches if there are any...

Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header
only accepts mail from Debian hosts. If you wish to mail me
privately, just use the 'user' local part.