Re: Building ppc64 2.6.12 the Debian way?

    "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    Sven> The debian patch is already included in the debian
    Sven> linux-source-2.6.12 package, so you don'ty need to re-apply
    Sven> them.

Thanks Sven! I was confused by the description of linux-patch-debian-2.6.12
at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/devel/linux-patch-debian-2.6.12
which seem to indicate that I need to apply them. Does that package
need to be removed from the archive or something? (Or maybe I'm just
confused....)

    Sven> BTW, gcc-4.0 is also biarch.

Is that what is used to build the standard kernels?

    Sven> And finally, you should try make-kpkg --subarch powerpc64,
    Sven> which should do the right thing as far as gcc and cflags is
    Sven> concerned.

    Sven> I would thus try :

    Sven>   make-kpkg --subarch powerpc64 --initrd
    Sven>      --revision=shyamal.1.0 kernel-image

That is a big help, it's compiling away now. It would have taken me
forever to find the subarch name.

Cheers!
Shyamal