Re: Will Debian Sarge resize OS X-volume during install?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Will Debian Sarge resize OS X-volume during install?
- From: Filippo Giunchedi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:21:55 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20050817095209.GA32536@localhost.localdomain>
- References: <1124264311.4691.7.camel@localhost> <20050817095209.GA32536@localhost.localdomain>
Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:38:31AM +0200, Guus013 wrote:
>>I'm planning on running Debian Sarge on a PowerPC that currently runs OS
>>To create a dual-boot, will Debian be able to resize an OS X-created
>>volume during install?
> There is some support for that in libparted, which debian/sarge use.
> Saddly, it cannot deal with journaled HFS+ yet, so you have to use some
> mac-os-x tool and remove the journal, resize it, and readd the journal.
I had successfully resized an HFS+ 10.3 partition some time ago with
parted. Unfortunately I can't tell if it had the journal enabled or
disabled.. anyhow there was a patch for libparted for resizing HFS+, I
bet it is applied in debian's libparted