Re: Will Debian Sarge resize OS X-volume during install?
- To: Guus013 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Debian PowerPC-list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Will Debian Sarge resize OS X-volume during install?
- From: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:52:09 +0200
- Message-id: <20050817095209.GA32536@localhost.localdomain>
- In-reply-to: <1124264311.4691.7.camel@localhost>
- References: <1124264311.4691.7.camel@localhost>
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:38:31AM +0200, Guus013 wrote:
> I'm planning on running Debian Sarge on a PowerPC that currently runs OS
> X 10.3.
> To create a dual-boot, will Debian be able to resize an OS X-created
> volume during install?
There is some support for that in libparted, which debian/sarge use.
Saddly, it cannot deal with journaled HFS+ yet, so you have to use some
mac-os-x tool and remove the journal, resize it, and readd the journal.
This works well, i resized a mac os-x 10.4 partition using this method.