Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:28:07AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 23 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Notice that the main problem still is that i couldn't get 2.6 miboot
> > to work except two mysterious times in oldenbourg.
>
> Really? I do it all the time here with an inherited PowerMac 9500/180MP
> with a G3 upgrade card (kindly donated by Tormod).
>
> I even documented the way I do it in my 'blog/diary (and the same method
> has been working for years now). What exactly is the problem that you're
> facing?

First ever report of the 2.6 miboot floppies working, as opposed to the 2.4
miboot floppies.

The kernel floppy would boot, the box showing the little penguin, going into
reverse video mode, and then freezing. IT is an Umax Apus 2000 though, but i
never had any other report.

Friendly,

Sven Luther