Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Aug 20, 2005, at 4:14 AM, Sven Luther wrote:

Well, the sarge 2.4 miboot floppies already installs a 2.6 kernel (or should), and if what you are hinting at is on-the-fly takeover of kernels, this is not
possible (yet :).

That's exactly what I was proposing (on-the-fly takeover of kernels). I didn't realize it was "not possible (yet :)". Since miboot does essentially that, it can't be hard.

Oh well...  *I* thought it was a good idea.

Rick