Weird display problems on wakeup from sleep (sometimes)

I'm not sure if this list is really an appropriate forum since I'm not
running Debian, but it seems that the problem I am experiencing is quite
on topic for this list (since the problem isn't related to the
distribution I am running).  This list also seems to be one of the most
populous places on the net for people running Linux on Apple hardware.

I've filed a bug here:

The jist of the problem is that on wake up from sleep my display is
sometimes in a scrambled state.  It's difficult to describe; there is a
screenshot attached to the bug report.

I was wondering if anyone knows what is causing this problem to occur.
It's not really a big deal or anything, but it's one of the few nagging
problems remaining preventing a perfect experience.

Thanks for any help.