Re: pbbuttonsd, synaptics and sleep on lid close

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:21:53 +0200
Luca Bigliardi - shammash <shammash@artha.org> wrote:

> below you can find a little patch for pbbuttonsd that partially solve
> the incompatibility with mouses (in absolute mode)
> managed by synaptics x module.
>
> With this patch you don't need anymore to change "/dev/adb" in
> "/dev/null" in pbbuttonsd.conf

I haven't understood this patch in full. Please help me.

After the patch pbbuttond checks the trackpad identity not only with
the string "TPAD" from ADB register 1 but also the device class, which
usually is "trackpad".

A synaptic trackpad reports the string "SynT" and the device class
"mouse" (according the pdf document you posted to the list). To
differentiate the apple and the synaptics trackpad the first four bytes
would be sufficient. Why do you check for the device class too?

This could only mean you have a standard Apple ABD trackpad and use a
different kernel driver for it which emulates a synaptic trackpad. How
close got I with this?

  Best regards
    Matthias

synaptics driver instead of the