Re: Hi everybody and a question about external modems

> I am about to install Debian on my newl acquired Mac Mini 1.25. I'd
> like to mainly run it as a LAMP system, but also - if possible - as a
> voice mail box / fax machine under Debian.
>
> Afaik, the internal modem is unsupported by Linux, so I thought about
> hooking up an external modem (Elsa Microlink ISDN/TL.V43) to it via a
> serial-2-USB adapter.

I'd really hate to be setting up voice and fax handling with a
serial port modem. Ugh.

Take a look at the asterisk PBX software. Admittedly it's some
serious overkill, but it supports some hardware (cheap and not)
that seems much more suitable to a reliable setup.