Re: Oldworld-Mac:Howto copy the kernel to an hfs partition during istallation?

On (25/07/05 18:13), Rainer Gutkas wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Maybe I'm just to dumm to complete this task, because I know I did it
> once, but can't remember how.
>
> The problem is that I try to set up Ubuntu-Warty as server OS on my G3
> Powerbook Wallstreet, which is old-world. So I got the
> installation-kernel, but don't know how to get the kernel warty
> installed onto the hfs partition with bootx on it.
>
> So my first attempt was to boot from an startup disk, which failed of
> the same cause.
>
> My harddisk is hda, the hfs partition hda7 and the root partition hda9.
>
> oh and from the partitioning program I saw that the startup-Partition of
> the startup disk is hda6.
>
> So actually I don't know how to mount these devices during the setup
> progress using a shell.
>
> mount -t hfs /dev/hda7 /mnt/macos

I recall having similar problems with a beige g3 and prompted by the
list got this working.  No doubt you've checked that you have the
necessary modules installed (for hfs).  What is the error you get, if
any?

Regards

Clive

--