Re: Java and Azureus

El Miércoles, 20 de Julio de 2005 18:23, Arnaud Vandyck escrigué:
> Paul Brossier wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 01:34:27PM +0200, Federico 'Pain' Pistono wrote:
> >>I've installed the IBM jre as suggested by the ubuntu PPC guide.
> >
> > which one?
> >
> > there is at least 2 different jdk/jre from ibm, and the pseries will
> > install and run 'java -version' on a g4 but fail doing pretty much
> > anything else. similarly, installing a ppc (not pseries) on a g5 will
> > fail too.
>
> # apt-get install java-package
> $ pager /usr/share/doc/java-package/README.Debian
>
> [...]
>
>  * IBM (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux140/)
>    - The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 1.3.1 to 1.4.2, tested on
>      x86 and powerpc; other available architectures should work as well
>    - The same applies for the J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE)
>    - Documentation packages are not yet supported
>    - Users of PowerPC architecture must be aware that the
>      JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE environment variable must be properly set in
>      order for JIT to work as expected.  The most common setting for
>      is the one used for Apple and Pegasos hardware, a value of "6".
>      Please see the following resource for details:
>      http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pow-apple.html

The IBM J2SE 1.4.x for pseries works fine for me but just the 32 version on my
G5, the 64 bits versions does not work. It's good enougth to run Eclipse and
Tomcat without problems for now, but I think we're far from seeing a 64 bits
JDK 5 on our machines.
Performance even on a dual 2 GHz G5 on Fedora is poor compared with JDK 5
running on Ubuntu on a 3 GHz Dell Machine. :(
--
Antoni Aloy López
Binissalem - Mallorca