Re: Java and Azureus
Paul Brossier wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 01:34:27PM +0200, Federico 'Pain' Pistono wrote:
>>I've installed the IBM jre as suggested by the ubuntu PPC guide.
> which one?
> there is at least 2 different jdk/jre from ibm, and the pseries will
> install and run 'java -version' on a g4 but fail doing pretty much
> anything else. similarly, installing a ppc (not pseries) on a g5 will
> fail too.
# apt-get install java-package
$ pager /usr/share/doc/java-package/README.Debian
* IBM (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux140/)
- The J2SE Development Kit (JDK), version 1.3.1 to 1.4.2, tested on
x86 and powerpc; other available architectures should work as well
- The same applies for the J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Documentation packages are not yet supported
- Users of PowerPC architecture must be aware that the
JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE environment variable must be properly set in
order for JIT to work as expected. The most common setting for
is the one used for Apple and Pegasos hardware, a value of "6".
Please see the following resource for details:
: :' :rnaud
Java Trap: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html