Re: PBButtonsd Beta Version 0.7.0beta2 released - major bugfix

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:34:58 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin@colino.net> wrote:

> Mouseemu doesn't program the trackpad. It works only by catching
> key and mouse events, and re-dispatching them (or eating them, in the
> case of trackpad blocking).

I have just installed mouseemu in parallel to pbbuttonsd and it works
fine. Both trackpad blocking functions doesn't seem to disturb
eachother. On the other hand it makes not much sense to use both at the
same time. Therefore I add a paragraph to pbbutton's man page that
suggests NoTapTyping only if mouseemu isn't installed. If both programs
are running NoTapTyping in pbbuttonsd should be disabled.

> IIRC, I didn't touch its code since a long time.

You should do it again. You borrowed some code from pbbuttonsd including
some bugs you should fix ;-) The ihandler array handling in
register_inputhandler() and unregister_inputhandler() is not safe. It
could lead into an busy loop or segmentation fault if the array is
completly filled.

  Best Regards
    Matthias