Re: emulate three-button mouse(macintosh)

I just managed to map the middle mouse Button to <fn> <alt>
and the right one to <fn> <apple> with the following trick:
I took the old
   /etc/default/mouseemu
initialization file and picked out the keycodes.

And edited in
           sysctl.conf
the following lines:

dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode =0 100
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode =0 126

So i should mention that I use Ubuntu, on this maschine and couldn't find mouseemu in the repositories. Otherwise I had used it. But with these settings I am much more satisfied, because it saves compusation time and Memory when I ain't got another task running...

For the ones interested, here's the mouseemu init-file which I used under sarge to emulate 3 Buttons:

# Defaults for mouseemu initscript (/etc/init.d/mouseemu)
# This is a POSIX shell fragment

MID_CLICK="-middle 0 100"         # Function Alt
RIGHT_CLICK="-right 0 126"        # Function Apple
SCROLL="-scroll 125"              # ????

Hope this helps,

Rainer

p.s.: If anyone knows a way of how to map an key kombination as ins-key I'm very interested in it!

Tommy Trussell schrieb:

[sorry a slip of the finger sent that early]
I opened an enhancement request in GNOME asking for the Macintosh
Keyboard and MacOS-style modifier usage, but the request was closed,
saying the option belongs in the X server.

So this comes back around to a question of whether a custom X keymap
can give you what you need.

begin:vcard
fn:Rainer Gutkas
n:Gutkas;Rainer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Kleiststr. 36;St.P=C3=B6lten;;A-3100;Austria
email;internet:rainer.gutkas@kstp.at
title:Bakk. techn. (B.Sc.)
version:2.1
end:vcard