Re: cdrecord-ProDVD OR growisofs

> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 03:37:07 +0000, Josh Narins wrote:
>
> > I'm getting alarm clock, but I've done "everything" right.
> >
> > kernel-source 2.6.11 from apt, as of today
> > I'm running the 15" tibook with the Matshita DVD-R UJ-815 D0C4
> >
> > 1. I have downloaded the newest cdrecord-wrapper.sh and
> >    cdrecord-prodvd-2.0-powerpc-linux-unknown-gnu from
> >    ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD
>
> just don't use it but growisofs instead !
>
> Soeren

You noticed I said I rebuilt my kernel yesterday?

growisofs causes a kernel panic which force-reboots the machine. From X
it actually reboots, but from the console it simply hangs.

I have downloaded and installed the newest version of growisofs, and it
is the version I'm using (/usr/local/bin/growisofs).

growisofs -Z /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 -R -J /home/dump.float1.home.vol1.bz

The kernel panic says that the kernel is accessing a bad area (then it
says, I think something about #11 in parens).

I can't see how to capture the panic output, since I lose keyboard once
it has happened, but next time I'll try piping it and stderr to a file
(won't that make growisofs target the wrong thing? I'll see).

Of course, all this hard rebooting is _not_ fun.