Hibernating Powerbook5,6

Hi,

I'm wondering if the 2.6.12 kernel supports hibernation
(suspend-to-disk) on a Powerbook5,6 machine?  I'm running Gentoo, but
can't find any information on it for that distro, and was wondering if
I'm wasting my time.  If it does can someone point me at what I need to
do (I've enabled CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND, added the
"resume2=swap:/dev/hda3" to the kernel boot parameters, and installed
the hibernate-script package) as it doesn't seem to find the suspended
image on boot.  I seem to remember someone mentioning some patches but
can't find the email.

Matt