Re: PBButtonsd Beta Version 0.7.0beta2 released - major bugfix

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:19:34 +0200
Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:

> Alsamixer starts with the last saved /var/lib/alsa/asound.state and
> not with the suggested _Volume_ from /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf.

Thank you for your test report.

Based on your report I found a bug in alsamixer's volume control which
caused that the volume level given in percent was taken as relative
hardware-dependent volume level. A configured volume level of 50(%)
leads to 100% volume set to the hardware. The bug is fixed in CVS.

Another point could cause the case you described. Both initscripts for
alsa and pbbuttonsd have the same priority: S20. Because _a_lsa comes
before _p_bbuttons in aplhabet, alsa should be started first. Otherwise
alsactl would overwrite pbbuttonsd settings to the sound card.

What about NoTapTyping and the freezes? Does the beta2 changed anything?

  Best Regards
    Matthias