Re: Porting ppc Linux to Xbox 360?

On 7/1/05, Lee Braiden <lee_b@digitalunleashed.com> wrote:
> On Friday 01 Jul 2005 10:56, Paul TT wrote:
> > right. and if new xbox will be like it seems it will, be (good
> > hardware-cheap $), and linux will run on it, then that does in addition
> > please the consumer :-))))
>
> Only in the short term.  It never benefits society to deal with people who
> disrespect the fundamental rules of that society.

Well, not if said rules are unfair. Jesus Christ, Gandhi or Martin
Luther King are respected precisely because they disregarded
fundamental rules of their societies.

More to our point, Richard Stallman goes against a fundamental
principle of our society: that money is sacred and must be protected.
He argues that people must be free to run whatever software they
choose on their machines. I agree with him, and if Microsoft loses a
few dollars in the process due to their weird business model, then
they should improve their business model.

Alex.