Re: display problems, sleep and freeze on PB5,6 2.6.12-rc6
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: display problems, sleep and freeze on PB5,6 2.6.12-rc6
- From: Paul TT <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:37:59 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20050701093759.E325323CEE@bobafett.paultt.org>
- In-reply-to: <1119923377.5133.171.camel@gaston>
- References: <20050627155543.GM5613@intevation.de> <1119889078.6251.17.camel@localhost> <20050627163649.GO5613@intevation.de> <1119890753.6257.21.camel@localhost> <1119923377.5133.171.camel@gaston>
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:49:36 +1000
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 18:45 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 18:36 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > > I think the dizzling was there sometimes before pbbuttonsd was started
> > > and also sometimes switching to X or from X and back did not solve it.
> > If I do it twice, it does, but your's may be slightly different I
> > suppose.
> You can also try turning backlight all the way down (off) and then back
> up several times until the display syncs again.
i wrote same thing, but after you, i didn' read this mail sorry:(
> You may want to try playing around with the timings in radeonfb_unblank
> when it manipulates the LVDS_* registers and see if you can get it to
> work more reliably...
where someone should have to look to 'play' whith these values? just to look directly in the right source w/out grepping around....
maybe you know immediatly, thanx