Re: display problems, sleep and freeze on PB5,6 2.6.12-rc6

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:55:43 +0200
Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:

> Powerbook 5,6   15" with Radeon 9600 M10
> linux 2.6.12-rc6
>
> Two oddities:
> 	a) sometimes I get a dizzling screen from the console startup,
> 	this is the time when the radeon framebuffer is initialised
> 	I assume. Putting the machine to sleep and wake it up again
> 	seems to help. I think I remember Ben muttering something about
> 	the difficulties with the initialisation code.
> 	I also observed this somethimes after a wakeup. Another sleep
> 	wakeup usually solved the problem.

sometimes i get the same behaviour, the solution without sleep-wakeup cycle for me it's simply to powerdown the light of the display, then lite it on again (whit pbbuttonsd or fblevel), then the dizzling goes away.