Re: Can't Boot floppy

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 02:02:11PM -0400, Alex Iordanescu wrote:
> OpenFirmware won't start either for some
> reason, actually it won't display, I think it starts though (not using a Mac
> Monitor).

On my 7600, the default for OF is to use a serial port as the console. Even
if you reconfigure it to use the keyboard and builtin video instead of the
serial port, there is a bug in the video driver that sometimes prevents the
video signal from syncing correctly. It's quite possible that if you hooked
up a serial terminal (to the modem port, i think the setting is 38400 8N1),
you would get the OF console.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com