Re: Still Deadlock problem with pbbuttonsd 0.6.10?

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:13:27 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Schmitz <schmitz@opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:

> > the trackpad programming sequence initiated from user space is not
> > atomic.
>
> Neither is programming the PMU via pmud-utils' trackpad tool.

Yes, I know. I got my code from the trackpad tool :-)

> Do you do anything different WRT PMU monitoring when on AC? Maybe it's a
> race between trackpad programming and power monitoring. I'll try running
> your 0.6.10 in pmud compat mode sometime to check that.

I do nothing special. Pbbuttonsd program the trackpad in one sequence:
Prg mod on, change trackpad mode, Prg mode off. There is no difference
between battery or AC I know off. Pbbuttonsd read the battery status through
/proc/pmu instead of asking the PMU directly, so I don't see any relationship
here.

 Best Regards
   Matthias