Re: display problems, sleep and freeze on PB5,6 2.6.12-rc6

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 11:48:24AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > There is no reliable way to reproduce this and b) does not give me
> > error message either, so I guess this must start happen to Ben so we
> > will get a fix at some time. ;)
>
> I have no problem, but then, I'm not running 2 different X servers at
> the same time neither. I really don't recommend that, there are various
> "issues" with them trying to program the radeon chip in conflicting
> ways.

Ah.
This could be an explanation, thanks for the answer.
Because of my difficulties to get xorg to work (which have been solved
meanwile by the help of this list and others),
I am still running Debians XFree as production server.

However the freeze bug only showed to far when involving sleep
and switching vts.

	Bernhard