Re: SCSI Card

im not all to sure what you are trying to do
but booting from it may not be an option as it is a pc
scsi card and has a boot bios for pcs not macs. so although
its the same chips and works the same from the OS's perspective
(someone might slap me on that, but essentially so) from
poor openfirmware it has no idea

i think thats what your asking. treat it like a bios-less
scsi card - because in a mac thats essentially what it is

Dean

Mike S wrote:
I have a question, way out of my league, and not my norm, I pulled an Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI card out of an old compac to put in my g4 and see if it works, immediately after I put it, and a 1 gig HP drive connected to it in the computer I booted OS X. It recognized the drive, and I formatted it so I could try and use it on the beige g3 I am fixing up. I also noticed that linux recognized the card and loaded some scsi drivers for it, but after I removed the drive OS X ceased to boot.

I took out the card and OS X booted, I put it back in and OS X hung again refusing to boot. The only drivers I can find for this card are for windows, and unixware, since linux can recognize this card on the mac, is there some way I could compile some module or something using linux code for Darwin in OS X that would enable OS X to recognize the card again?

I am not too worried about this card, but I am feeling very experimental since I started using linux, so if it's even maybe possible I would like to try it, and if someone on this list is knowledgable in this kind of thing, I would be interested in any help.

--Mike S