Re: SCSI Card

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Mike S wrote:

I am not too worried about this card, but I am feeling very experimental since I started using linux, so if it's even maybe possible I would like to try it, and if someone on this list is knowledgable in this kind of thing, I would be interested in any help.

Last time I had a problem similar to this it was because OF became configured for the card. I would say now the card is expected to be in the machine in a certain slot. I would try resetting the PRAM.

http://web.whittier.edu/comp/macguide/PRAM.cfm
"Zapping PRAM" is a way of resetting PRAM back to its original factory values. The basic procedure is to hold down a special combination of keys: Command-Option-P-R while powering on the Macintosh and waiting for the start-up sound.

Fred