Any supported 802.11a USB/Firewire cards on powerpc?

Hi,

It turns out I need to run 802.11a these days (not enough of the 2.4
Ghz spectrum around my house!). So, airport hardware is not an option
(not that it always works with Linux anyway).

For my powerpc (mac) based systems I'm stumped. Is there anyone out
there that has used an 802.11a device with Mac hardware (I only have
USB and firewire on my G4 laptop)?

Heck, at this point even an OS X compatible device would be a start;
at least I might have the option of working on Linux support from
there. But I've not had luck even locating a device that claims
support for Mac OS X (I've found bluetooth USB adapters, but not
802.11a).

Cheers!
Shyamal